A good bathroom looks good and has a fresh smell. However, bacteria, mold, and mildew growing in the shower can irritate asthma and allergies to some persons, leading to severe respiratory issues. Weekly cleaning of your bathroom will help to reduce the risk of staying or bathing in harmful surroundings, as well as removing the soap scum.
Interestingly, the shower cleaning agents are enormous and come in various formulas to clean particular surfaces like glass or ceramics. In addition, they are typically manufactured in certain water types – hard or soft water – and are intended to remove a specific problem like grimy grout, streaky door, or mold stain.
However, we will discuss the best shower cleaning products to keep your space clean in this post. The option you need to choose in cleaning your shower must be based on the type of mold or mildew you have in your shower.
Type of Mold or Mildew
Different molds and mildew are liable to grow in the bathroom, making the walls of the shower non-attractive to the users and can also pose a danger regarding health issues. The common types of molds and mildew you need to know before choosing the option of your shower cleaner are as follows.
- Pathogenic: This type of mold can cause severe infection to the users of the shower, especially those with weakened immunity like some children. A good cleaner will help remove a small amount of mold deposition on the wall, while professional cleaning agents will remove the unpleasantly sticky infestation.
- Toxic: The toxic mold type is generally regarded as a producer of harmful chemicals. It may cause severe and damaging effects on the human system or body that might end up requiring medical attention.
- Allergenic: They may cause skin and open wound allergies if exposed for a long time. You can remove them easily with the application of household disinfectants.
- Aspergillus: A shower is a good place for the growth of aspergillus because of its humid condition. When an individual is exposed to it for a long time also, it can make the fellow allergic.
It is necessary to note that all the shower cleaners contain bleach, so it is of high safety precaution to allow enough ventilation into your shower.
Best Shower Cleaner of Mold and Mildew
Below are a few of the best shower cleaners for mold and mildew:
1. Wet & Forget’s Mold and Mildew Cleaners
This product is produced in three packs, and it’s formulated to need no manual in cleaning the shower surfaces. You can use it to clean mold infestation on non-porous and hard surfaces with just one swipe.
Just spray it directly on the surface and allow it to rest on it for 12 hours for proper cleaning. It could cause skin-related issues if it comes in contact with open wounds and eyes. It has a soft vanilla fragrance that can keep the shower smelling fresh.
It has the following features.
- It’s easy to use, and its rinse formulation is eco-friendly.
- Spray and walk away! You don’t have to scrub or wipe; Wet & Forget goes to work with the wind and rain to clean the surface over time gently.
- It doesn’t contain ammonia, bleach, or dye.
- It doesn’t produce irritating fumes during use.
- Its cleaning is long-lasting.
Wet & forget’s mold cleaner may require repeated action if the surface still has some stain left.
2. Dettol Anti-Bacterial Mold and Mildew Remover
The Dettol anti-bacterial mold and mildew remover are made of powerful high bleach, making it 99.9% effective on the virus and bacteria on the surfaces of the wall. Its work is very effective on plastics, stainless, ceramics, the white grout but not functional on surfaces like rubber, enamel, and wood flooring.
Like other mold removers, some chemicals are harmful, so you need to protect yourself and ventilate the bathroom. If you doubt how the reaction of the Dettol anti-bacteria would be, you take time to sample it on a piece of spot and leave it for three minutes to see its response.
It’s easier to use; apply it to the surface at a distance of 25 centimeters, then allow it to rest on the surface for at least 5 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
Its top features include the following
- This product is good at removing mold, mildew, and grime
- You can use it on any surface
- It has a unique chemical mixture that kills viruses and bacteria.
3. FOLLOWIN Mold and Mildew Bathroom Cleaner Gel
It is a household stain cleaner for shower tiles that effectively maintain grout, sinks, and sealants. Spray its gel-based formula smoothly on the entire surface where mold and mildew are found and should be sticky to remove mold and mildew stains easily.
Designed in a pasty or gel form, it is most effective for concentrated cleaning. It is also non-acidic and has no bleach.
FOLLOWIN mold and mildew bathroom cleaner gel have the following special features:
- Deep cleaning with a concentrated formula
- Non-volatile active ingredients
- Bleach-free, non-acidic cleaning eliminates corrosion
- Safe, biodegradable, and eco-friendly
- Low-odor cleaning
- Wide range of use for different surfaces
- It’s not good on the colored grout
4. HG Mold Spray
HG mold spray is among the most preferred and the best-selling mold remover in Britain. It’s outstanding in getting rid of a brown and black stain in damp places such as your bathroom, the bathtub, and the bathroom tiles.
It is simple to use but make sure you protect yourself and allow enough ventilation in the bathroom as it has an unpleasant fume in it. It is also excellent on algae and fungi.
Spray it from a distance of 20 centimeters from the surface and allow it to rest on it for 30 minutes, after which you will rinse with water. You can also use HG mold spray-on tea and coffee stains; make sure you follow instructions for better results. HG has the following in it that choose many.
- It can remove coffee and tea stains.
- It’s pretty easy to use.
- Fast reaction.
5. TILEX Shower Cleaner
The TILEX shower mold and mildew remover are produced in a pack of two (2), with each bottle having a spray nozzle for easy application. Its economic size gives a powerful cleaning effect. In addition, it is simple to use. There’s no need to scrub; all you need to do is spray the liquid for an efficient cleaning experience.
Its top features include:
- It removes mold and mildew stain immediately.
- There’s no need for scrubbing. You are to spray and leave it to work.
- It’s easy to use.
6. StoneTech Mold and Mildew Cleaner
StoneTech mold and mildew cleaner are specially formulated to remove mold and mildew growth and stains on stone surfaces. It is packed in two 24-ounce bottles of spray cleaner. People who have used them said they are among the best mold removers for showers because you can use them on all kinds of surfaces. In addition, its unique formula ensures that all the area on which it is applied retain their quality.
Its top features include:
- You can use it for both home exteriors and interiors.
- It works perfectly on glass, porcelain tiles, and ceramic.
- It’s the ideal solution for mold stains on marble, limestone, and granite surfaces.
- It’s a deodorizer.
Stone tech mold cleaner is not suitable for use on cultured marble and may need scrubbing after rinsing off spray
7. RMR-86 Instant Mold and Mildew Remover
RMR-86 Mold Stain Remover are some of the best shower cleaners for mold and mildew with long-lasting effects. This mold and mildew remover with nozzle is easy to use and can clean the shower surface at a swipe.
It can clean up mold and mildew at a swift pace. In addition, the powerful and gentle cleaning formula will effectively clean various surfaces.
Its top features include:
- You can use it without scrubbing or wiping.
- It easily removes even stubborn mildew and mold stains.
- It eliminates the musty smell.
- Ideal for kitchens and bathrooms.
- It works perfectly on vinyl siding and wood and concrete surfaces.
The RMR-86 mold and mildew cleaner may not be effective on the very tough stain.
The best cleaners will do a lot at removing mold and mildew in your shower. First, however, it’s a good idea for you to understand why there are mold and mildew in the first place. The source for both is moisture. If your bathroom’s ventilation is not enough, consider installing a small dehumidifier or a window fan with an exhaust function. Their function is to help bring out all impending dampness from the shower. Another essential thing to have is a handy plastic squeegee. Use one regularly to wipe away the water droplets on your shower tiles and door to eliminate mold and mildew breeding.
The best shower cleaners for mold and mildew stains discussed in this article would help you a great deal in eliminating molds from your shower. Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask via the comment section just below.